Position Title: Quality Engineer
The Quality Engineer is a highly capable, energetic individual who is responsible for working with a cross functional team from multi-departments to monitor and perform all QA activities for an ISO certified company. Additional responsibilities will include assisting the Tech Service and Sales departments with responding to customer phone calls and perform technical analysis. Provide assistance to manufacturing for resolving quality issues. The successful candidate will improve customer satisfaction results through resolution of complaints, and drive policy, process and individual performance improvement through quality audits, reporting and employee development processes. The right candidate will be an enthusiastic, creative self-starter with an entrepreneurial, ‘can do’ attitude willing to jump in and get involved. The engineer will be someone who is able to communicate ideas well and connect business needs to solutions. As an instrumental team member, he or she will work closely with management to develop programs that increase awareness, drive quality and process improvements, increase customer satisfaction and generate revenue.
- Capable of writing and updating ISO documents. Identify areas lacking documentation and assist in writing documentation as needed.
- Lead in obtaining 6 Sigma processes.
- Capable of applying Statistical Process Control techniques.
- Knowledgeable and capable of utilizing various quality tools for identifying and resolving quality and process problems. 8-D, 5 Why, pareto analysis, SPC, capability studies, FMEAs, etc.
- Ability to complete analyses of data obtained from various areas to be used as a quality tool to improve quality and reduce rejections internally and externally using quality reporting tools.
- Look for trends and make recommendations based on data collected for quality improvements and new products offerings.
- Capable of using and calibrating quality gauges used in gathering and analyzing data.
- Reviews production and manufacturing specification processes to assure conformance to drawings specifications and contract requirements.
- Assist Tech Services Department in communicating and providing customers with technical assistance in diagnosing and resolving ignition related issues, handling concerns, complaints, and inquiries that are escalated by customer service representatives as needed.
- Work along side personnel in warranty department and assist with processing return and repair products in addition to warranty claims.
- Assist in support of engineering, purchasing, marketing, media and public relations strategies and other activities as required.
- Assist production with quality issues, processing of returns and repairs and warranties.
- Prepares Non Conforming Material Reports with necessary disposition, completes corrective actions, and performs quality tests and inspections.
- Work with purchasing and suppliers on resolving/improving quality issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Personal Skills:
- Highly organized team player who can take initiative and work within department priorities
- Entrepreneurial, customer-focused, self-motivated
- Eager to go the extra mile and think outside the box
- Exceptional verbal and written skills
- Quick thinker confident in their decision-making ability
- Able to adhere to deadlines and budgets
- Intermediate skill in MS Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs. and perform other basic physical demands of the position as needed
- Experience with electronic ignition systems and components a plus.
- 2-5 years of electronics quality or manufacturing engineering experience, specifically focused on operations and quality.
- A track record of creating innovative ways to improve quality of service.
- Ability to travel including day and overnight as required. About 5-10 trips per year is average.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical degree required.
- Meet or exceed company standards for productivity
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of product, process or quality system nonconformance
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process or quality system
- Strive to develop and implement continuous improvement into all product, process or quality system
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area using the principles of 5S
- Assist in maintaining the security of company property
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards
About CDI Electronics:
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, CDI is the largest US manufacturer of outboard engine ignition systems and the innovative creators of the Marine Engine Diagnostics System. Through its comprehensive product offering and high quality ignition components, CDI is regarded as the industry experts in marine ignition systems. For more information, visit www.cdielectronics.com.