Technical Service Representative
Position Title: Technical Service Representative
The Technical Service Representative is a highly capable, energetic individual who is responsible for managing all incoming returned materials, either as a warranty, product exchange or RMA (Return Material Authorization) and customer technical and sales calls, assisting with the processing of non-conforming materials, and providing other adhoc support to the Engineering/Quality Manager as needed. The Technical Service Representative will be someone who is able to communicate well and connect business needs to solutions. As an instrumental team member, he or she will work closely with CDI customers to resolve issues, increase customer satisfaction and generate product sales.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Manage and process RMAs (Return Material Authorizations). Must be able to properly identify and document all received materials, issue materials with detailed instructions of recommended services/repairs to be performed and communicate with customer/staff on part status in a timely manner.
- Manage and process NCMR (Non Conforming Material Reporting) database from rejection through disposition including identification of material and corrective action needed.
- Manage and process RMA work orders in ERP system accurately. Must accurately enter RMA material requisitions/issues and receipts in system, and process rework orders through production.
- Assist customer service in answering and processing calls/inquiries as necessary.
- Handle quality or technical concerns, complaints, and inquiries that are escalated by customer service representatives.
- Successfully monitor and audit call quality and reporting.
- Look for trends and make recommendations based on data collected for quality improvements and new product offerings.
- Assist in support of marketing, media and public relations strategies.
- Assist in developing and performing product training requirements for both internal and external customers/end users. Provide assistance through developing and/or teaching “Trouble Shooting Classes” as necessary.
- Provide tech support at sales functions and other activities as required.
- Assist production with quality issues, processing of returns, repairs and warranties.
- Develop and update installation and trouble shooting documents for electronic ignition systems.
- Support quality department with ISO documentation, implementation and ongoing maintenance as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Personal Skills:
- Highly organized team player who can take initiative and work within department priorities.
- Entrepreneurial, customer-focused, self-motivated.
- Eager to go the extra mile and think outside the box.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Quick thinker confident in their decision-making ability.
- Able to adhere to deadlines.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 40 lbs. and perform other basic physical demands of the position as needed.
- Mechanical engine experience, in particular experience with electronic ignition systems and related components a plus.
- 2-5 years of call center management experience specifically focused on operations and quality.
- Computer skills using ERP/MRP system in a manufacturing environment.
- A track record of creating innovative ways to improve quality of service.
- Ability to travel to trade shows and conferences across North America during the fall each year.
- High school diploma required.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent years experience preferred.
- Meet or exceed company standards for productivity
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of product, process or quality system nonconformance
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process or quality system
- Strive to develop and implement continuous improvement into all product, process or quality system
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area using the principles of 5S
- Assist in maintaining the security of company property
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards